Thursday, July 29, 2010

Project Runway!


Starts tonight! I can't wait! Heidi has a new haircut and I have totally missed Tim--"Make it Work!" and "This troubles me." I invited my friend Danielle to come over and have dinner and talk back to the tv with me. I am making pasta and she is bringing some salad and I will make lemon bars--and she will take the left overs home. She is having minor surgery on Friday morning and she can have a lemon bar treat when she feels up to it. The good thing about Direct TV is that because it is on Eastern time, I can watch PR and know all about it by 7 p.m. This year I am going to predict the winner as I have done in the past. Last year I picked Seth Aaron from the very start and I held out even though all my PR friends thought I was wrong. Ha! Ah! So little excites me!
In the Art room, the mandalas continue. Yesterday's mandala was about eyes. The mandala is Sharpie pens and watercolor. When I was little I was carefully watched every moment and all my movements were commented on and judged. In their defense, none of the people who were watching me had a real childhood. So I think they were watching me to see what a real child would do. But there was a judgement aspect that transcended pretty much everything I did and it is difficult to leave that behind. So the Eye Mandala is about that struggle to go on and to do what I need to do and to do it whether people are watching or not. (But they aren't)
Anyway, I get to watch someone else tonight!

No comments: