Friday, July 9, 2010

Gratitude


Today I spent a lot of time trying to get organized. There is so much paper work in my life, and I really haven't been on top of it. So i used a lot of time to organize the various things I need to keep current on. I have a binder for bills and a binder for my investments. And I made a binder for my health/retirement benefits. I already have a binder for my "life." This took me forever! So when I was finished, I ran out to send the invitations for the party.
No trip out is complete without a trip to a thrift store. I needed to buy towels and I went to the Lutheran High School Thrift store and found some for $1.50. (The towels are for the party, since we are doing a spa thing.) Then I went to Goodwill in Glendora and got a "Kate Spade" purse (again!). This is gray flannel and adorable. I might give it to my sister for her birthday.
On the way back, I decided to make chicken salad for dinner. I was going to barbeque chicken breasts and then I would make Ina Garten's chicken salad recipe from the Food Network. As I was driving down Foothill (Route 66) a family was soliciting donations for a funeral. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have to beg on the corner to pay for a funeral for a loved one. Luckily I actually had money and gave some. I was so touched by the sadness in that whole thing. There was a little boy on another corner and he was soliciting too. Good Grief! How sad!

No comments: