Saturday, July 23, 2011

Walking the dog and toddlers


Some days it's all I can do just to get the motivation to walk the dog. I would soooo much rather be in the studio making flat flowers or touching up the art journal entry that I feel needs a tweak. But I do try to get out with the Stan. Walking with him is like having a small toddler who, instead of wanting to touch everything, wants to smell everything. And he has a tremendous sense of smell! He can smell things a mile away! And everywhere in between! And he's excited to be out to smell it all. I honestly don't know how long it will take until he gets used to the smells and settles down for the walk. Maybe never? I'll give it some time and maybe he'll calm down. I hope so. The good thing about toddlers is that they grow up. With Stanley, well...

No comments: