Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trying to be my own artist

This weekend we welcomed Amy home from Africa with a barbeque at my house. What yummy food we had! Dan is a barbeque demon! Wow! I provided ice cream and Fresh and Easy corn (the best!). We saw Amy's pictures of her time in Uganda and heard her interesting tales of life in the third world.
Before that I had been suffering with my gall bladder. I took the gall bladder cleanse tea and that helped a lot! What would I do without herbs?
I watched a video of another artist and decided to "copy" her technique for an art journal page. As soon as I started I realized I hated, hated, hated what I was doing. I can't do the (for lack of a better term) grunge look right now. It just doesn't make sense to me. I need to make collages that have more organization (?) to them. I have to be my own artist. Hard reality!

No comments: