Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Art


There was no Saturday Craft Day this week. I felt I was so far behind in my art "practice" that I just worked all weekend. Well, I did take a little time off to take the dog to the groomer. (Pictures tomorrow!)
I have been working in fabric--trying to construct collages with fabric and playing around with design elements and contrast. The latest of these is totally fabric. And while I was working I was watching two Shakespeare plays "retold." The first was "Much Ado about Nothing." and the second was "Macbeth." In "Much" Beatrice and Benedick are former lovers who now work together as local news anchors. And in "Macbeth" Macbeth is a chef. Both were excellent retellings. They retained the whole plot but put it in a modern context. Loved it! Thank you Netflix! So far I've seen "Love's Labors Lost, " "Much," "Macbeth," and "As You Like It." My art may not be improving, but my mind is!

No comments: