Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jury Duty!


Yesterday I reported for jury duty at the Federal Courthouse in downtown LA. I took the train in, which, in the morning, is like taking a rolling cocktail party (without the drinks of course). There was one case and about 50 potential jurors. We had to fill out a 10 page questionnaire before we were individually interviewed by the judge, the plaintiff's and the defendant's attorneys. And I wasn't chosen for the jury! They didn't like me! They really didn't like me!
And as an added bonus, because I reported I got a certificate to show the County Courts so that I can be excused from County jury service, which I am supposed to have at the end of the month. I love it!
It's very hot and humid so I have done little art. I did try the handstitching on paper from a tutorial at NewHouse Projects. (Here's the site: http://newhouseproject.com/2011/06/30/idea-for-hand-stitched-card/). And here's her picture. Mine doesn't look so good. Try, try again! Love the idea!

No comments: