Friday, August 15, 2008

Too much time on my hands!


I have been researching sites for teachers of both fifth and kinder since I won't know what grade I will be teaching till next week (I hope it's next week!). There are tons of sites out there and I want to publicly thank the teachers who gave so generously of their time! What a lot of work! I am in awe! When do you all sleep????
While I am waiting for news of my assignment, I am taking advantage of this free time I have. I will never have this time again! So I need to enjoy it! I am making desk accessories out of (plastic) coffee cans (no tinnies!) and glass jars. I made fabric flowers that turned out sooooooo cute! I am in love with these and plan to make lots more! I can make them for the ECW craft sale or give them as presents. I will put magnets on the back. I scanned the ones I have made, so the picture looks dark, but you get the idea.
I made one with the lace I got at the thrift store last year. This is lace that was used to make panties. I think the lace flower looks great but I am not happy about the button in the middle, so I will upload that scan later.
On another note, the woman I was writing to for Chemoangels died on July 19th. She had lung cancer. i wrote to her for 5 months. I hope her family are comforted in their grief.
And finally, I am saying to the universe that I am going to stop complaining! Yes! And to mark this momentous event I am making a new altered book! (any excuse:)). I am making a "Do you know the Way to San Jose?" book. I am going to use it to capture the beginnings of my new adventures at San Jose School. I am so grateful to be in a new challenge!

No comments: