Sunday, August 24, 2008

If I defend myself, I am attacked


I have been dilligently reading A Course in Miracles since...well, I am not sure. But I had added it to my routine to protect myself in the "Forest." (The toxic work environment). And I told my friend about it and she made two video journals of her readings from ACIM. And...the miracles have been happening as I have been reflecting and putting the concepts of ACIM in practice. I am doing other things as well: Yoga, prayer, church service, readings from the Bible. All designed originally to protect me. And it worked! The miracles that occurred were phenomenal.
But now I am not in the toxic environment anymore and shouldn't need all that, right? No! I am moving to a new school to a grade level I love, and a room I love and I have been very grateful and appreciative. But... I met someone in the new environment who had so many negative vibes that I began to get that old PTSD feeling. I was feeling defensive.
And because I was trying to defend myself, I got the biggest back ache! I realized I was getting defensive and tried to pull away, but too late! My defensiveness did manifest itself in a back ache.
I am really defensive about just about everything, which is probably a normal human reaction. I am however trying to be more like God, so I remember to let the love of God and His forgiveness shine through me.
And on another note, I could not have gotten my room ready without the assistance of my three wonderful grandsons, Brandon, Steven, and Matthew. They worked like troopers to get the room ready for the first day of school. Thank you!
Here is Brandon on the Aero Bed with Stanley guarding him--or waiting for him to wake up so he can play.

No comments: