Friday, August 8, 2008

Meaningful dialogue--Intimate conversations


I have just finished taking a technology for educators class. It was four days at Cal Poly. I received a lot of info about various aspects of tech ed. However, I was amazed to understand the depth of knowledge that our students need to communicate in the world now.I love technology, but do I really need a facebook, myspace, etc account? The blog is my attempt to chronicle my art journey, but what else is important. The facilitator for the class was talking about how she checks her accounts when she gets home from work and chats with her daughter and other friends. And there's Skype for talking on web cam. And on and on...
I feel like I get enough being talked to during the day. I want to enjoy face to face intimate conversations with people right there in the room with me. Low voices, slow talk, meaningful dialogue. That's what I want after a day of teaching the sound of the letter a.
However, I did get inspired to begin--again--my book of Bad News. I think I will make it an ebook though and allow it to be downloaded.
And finally, my Friend, Shirley has a You Tube video on A Course of Miracles. They are really good and the idea of a video journal is such a good idea. She turned her PowerPoint presentation into a quick time movie then uploaded to YouTube. She said she couldn't see herself writing her thoughts in a an actual paper/pencil journal. See? Technology again! Maybe I need to travel back in the time machine to pre-computers and appreciate the world after their invention. I'll work on that.:)