Friday, June 24, 2011

What do you do all day?



Today I went to have a facial and the esthetician was complimenting me on my skin. She said I would never look old. I like her! I have been fortunate to have good skin all my life. I've had very few break outs. I don't know why that is. I am giving credit to my parents and grandparents. So here's 8 things I got from my parents and grandmother:
1. The ability to sew. My grandmother and mother both could sew and taught me on a treadle machine.
2. My art ability. My grandmother had a talent for crafts and art and she inspired me.
3. My resourcefulness. Growing up we were not always flush with money and my mother and grandmother came up with some resourceful ways to stretch our money.
4. My story telling. My father and his twin brother were story tellers and gave me that ability.
5. My honesty. My folks were VERY honest people.
6. My social skills. I was taught how to behave from an early age.
7. My sense of humor.
8. My anxiety. Thank you Grandmother!
Oh and my great skin!
Here's some art I am working on, so you can see where I'm going.


No comments: