Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A free day!


Today I tried to do a paining in the style of Matisse. But I quickly realized that like a lot of talented people, Matisse made it look easy. For me, the negative space in a Matisse painting is just as important as the positive space. And the heavy fully loaded brush strokes. Does mine have that? Well, no.
I finished an art journal today and so titled it and put it on the shelf. I have another one ready. And I watched Kenneth Branagh's version of "As You Like It." This is by far one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. And one of the best. It's on my top eight now. I love Netflix! What a variety of movies they have! I can see all the odd ones and foreign films that never mind it to the local theaters.
What a good day!
My top eight favorite movies:(subject to change without notice)
1. As You Like It
2. Love's Labor's Lost
3. Much Ado About Nothing
4. Grand Canyon
5. A Chef in Love
6. Midnight in Paris
7. All the Godfathers
8. Citizen Kane
Rosebud!

No comments: