Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Back!

When I retired I wanted to be an active blogger, but I have been an active retiree since then! My new career as an artist is taking up some of the time and the other "career" of making myself healthy is taking up the rest. Then there's Stanley, the Wonder Dog, who is healing from his abandonment issues and developing more trust.
So I will bring you up to date with my art and the rest of my life.
Rachelle Mee Chapman writes about taming her Monkey Mind by starting out listing 8 things. I have been using the 8 Things approach to organize my thoughts. So let's start with 8 things I did while I wasn't blogging:
1. I had plantation shutters and new carpeting installed in the living room.
2. I had the living room painted.
3. I substituted at an elementary school for a part-time resource teacher.
4. I took a class on parents of estranged children.
5. I have been going to a personal trainer for 11 months.
6. I started going to a senior exercise class.
7. I planted tomatoes, pumpkin (1), cilantro, spearmint, basil, lettuce.
8. I am growing roses.
And that's not all but that's 8! Thanks Magpie Girl for the inspiration. More tomorrow!

No comments: