Saturday, June 16, 2007

We have a new Principal

Tuesday at the board meeting the new principals were announced. We have Petra Franco, who was predicted by one of my friends about a month ago (she has insider info). She came over to school to visit and told Tina that she has 5 people selected to fill 5 of the (now) 9 vacancies. So she knew she was coming a long time ago. And she is scaring the staff and she hasn't taken over yet. One teacher worked with her at another school and is transferring as we speak. Another is afraid she will have a heart attack from anxiety.
The good thing for me is that I will be assisting her and I am good at "Back-up." She is a real hands on person, and decisive, so I will not have to run the school anymore. I will definitely miss the people I met doing the budget and stuff, but I am looking forward to this year with an emphasis on kids and parents---and good teaching.
So...I am preparing for summer school with Madeline Hunter's seven step lesson plan in full view. And I am hoping that she will let me keep Matt on campus!
Changes! Changes! Changes!

No comments: