Thursday, June 21, 2007

And More Changes

We have three teachers that were told to pack up their stuff 'cause they were not being re-hired for next year. And they did. And Tuesday they were told they were coming back! Wow! How can a company do that to people? Is that the way it is in the real world????
And Matt and I had a good talk and he is coming over for the month and will stay home. He promises not to be bored or set fire to the house. I will pay him to do chores and stuff. And we will have regular outings somewhere--Not sure where yet.
Summer school is almost ready. Tomorrow is my final day to prepare. Then I intend to take the weekend off and go back on Monday to teach 2nd and 3rd grade English Learners. Today I sent out letters to the students reminding them that they need to show up at 8. There are a couple of kids and their parents who are worrisome to me, but I did teach Summer School two years ago. I hope I'm going to remember what to do! Reading, Writing, Math, right??? Lots of writing! And snacks?
I was extremely frustrated and went home on Monday and made a one page book/shrine "What Would Frida Do?--A book to replace dependence on La Virgen" Then Tuesday I made "What Would Salvador Do?" I hope to go through all my dream team members, reminding me that I have them on my side. Robert Goren is next!

No comments: