Monday, June 11, 2007

No Pressure!

We still haven't found out who the new principal is! This is nerve racking! I have particular worries because I want to know what the new prin will want me to do--or not do. It seems unlikely that the new person will want me to do as much as I was doing. My main job is to test students and to coordinate the testing of all the students in the school. I am also reponsible for the records of EL students and keeping them up to date. For this I have a master's degree? This summer I am teaching EL's with an emphasis on writing. I am hoping that this class will carry forward to the fall and that I can continue to teach this group on a daily basis. But again, I don't know what the new prin will want me to do. Tutoring groups all day? Records? Cleaning the floors of the bathrooms? I need to know and I need to know now!

On another subject, Matthew and I went out to Round Table in Upland tonight. We ordered the Family Special. We got the parmesan twists and then we didn't get the pizza. After 20 minutes, I asked about it and the counter person asked me, "Didn't you get it already?" I just looked back at him. He checked and they gave it away--to someone, some time ago. He did refund my money for the whole family special even though we had the sodas and the twists. But this is the second Round Table that this has happened. And Chili's! Don't get me started! They never seem to get our order! Is it me? Is it Matthew? Is it the combination of Matthew and me? And I bet they didn't ge† the order mixed up of the guy who had at least 10 piercings!

No comments: