Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thrift Store Day!

Yesterday was Thrift Store Day. I am trying to go to the Thrift Store every month around the first. When I realized the first was on Saturday and I didn't want to go on Saturday, I decided the 31st was an all right date! So I invited my friend the adorable Ms. S, who wishes to be anonymous because she does not want her daughters to know that she went shopping at thrift stores. (I told her they will sooooo grow out of that--but I understand). First we went to BC Cafe for Eggs Benedict. I thought that Corky's had better Eggs Benedict, but I think BC won out! Fabulous! Then we went to the relatively new thrift store on Central: What I call the Three Way Thrift Store North. We found tons of cute clothes! And I found some Christmas fabric to make fabric flowers and a door knob. I am not paying retail for stuff like that! Then we went to the Three Way South, which is still on Central but way south. We found more cute clothes! Then we went to the Bargain Box in Covina and I found this fabulous purple silk, never worn, Asian style, Chaus blouse! It was $4.00! But the deal of the day was for Ms. S. We found a beautiful suede jacket in red that fit perfectly and was originally from Nordstrom for----wait for it---five bucks! She definitely got the deal of the day! We finished at the Assistance League where the nice lady was helping us. And Ms S. found more clothes! I found two books and some eyelet lace. From there we made a stop at Fresh and Easy. And then to Walmart to buy a curtain rod, since there weren't any at the thrift stores.By this time, Ms. S. was hungry so we went to Legends in Glendora and had dinner. Of course, I had onion rings and of course, later on I was sick. I need an intervention from fast food!
It was a successful thrift store day, and now on to the laundering of all the clothes!
I will post pictures later.

No comments: