Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pink and white hearts lead to a life lesson


Just in time for Valentines Day...a pink and white heart dishcloth! As I am knitting this one I decided that for me it is an expression of faith. Maybe the only expression of faith I am capable of right now. I start with the cast on and believe and hope and have faith that the directions will lead me to the design in the book. This one is called "Knit and Purl Hearts" and the knits and purls change with every row. So I have to believe that the pattern will emerge and that I am doing it correctly, since until the end, it's not that evident. So in addition to having a perfect (or perfect looking) object, it got there by faith. This is a life lesson I need.
I need faith that what I am doing to help first graders will pay off--if not now--later. But I need to strictly follow directions for the work. Oh yes! 

No comments: