Thursday, July 24, 2008

Free!

I have mixed feelings about this, but I am putting it out to the universe. I am leaving the school I have been teaching at for 16 years. My last day was yesterday. I am truly sorry to be going, but my position was eliminated and I couldn't stay there as a classroom teacher. As much as I want to express the true story of what went on, I know I cannot. So...on to a new chapter in my life. I went to meet the new principal yesterday and she doesn't know whether to put me in K or 5th, But then she may have a K-1 and I love K-1, so I hope I get that. I will be downloading standards for all today! And a trip to CM is in order.
In the meantime, I am off work with a small four day seminar in technology education in August. More time for art! And I signed Stanley up for the intermediate class in dog training. And I prepared five books to be altered. Three are board books that are painted and one is a board book that is going to be all fabric as a base. I wonder how to put other things on it, but that's my challenge! I am also doing three books in tissue as a base. I am liking that a lot! So that makes more than five! Maybe I do need to teach kinder!
Just knowing I survived 386 days is commendable! I need a prize!

No comments: