Monday, July 9, 2007

And another one bites the dust!

Today I heard that another teacher--a true gem!---had been offered and accepted a job a the new magnet school. This leaves us without a sixth grade teacher and a CELDT administrator. And a personal friend. I am truly learning the need to be flexible and to be one of those "door closes, window opens" kind of people.
But... really, the art is all. I have finished another skull but will not upload yet, since i may want to tweak it a little. This one has a lot of glitter on it. And those eyelashes I got from Kelly, they're on there.
School is becoming more successful as I gain the students' trust. They are writing better all the time.
To take my mind off the impending loss of Marlene, Matt and i went to RiteAid where they had cotton candy ice cream and I had a half a scoop. It was delicious! Mood altering ice cream!
And finally, "I remain confident and unaffected by negative attitudes around me." That's my new affirmation. Does that mean my own????

No comments: